|Real Life Name||
|Attacks Per Second||
15 - 20
The main Russian service rifle since the last third of the Cold War is an AKM modified to fire a smaller 5.45mm bullet; a deadly counterpart to NATO's 5.56mm cartridge. Not quite as prolific as its older brother, but it has nonetheless shed plenty of blood in hotspots around the globe.
Standard-issue assault rifle of several former Soviet nations. Also saw extensive importation/copying in North America.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 15+ missions.
- Level 19 High Capacity Quick Action variants can be purchased for 1,000 at The Store.
- Level 15 Scoped variants can be crafted using an AK-74, 6 Machined Parts, 2 Lenses, a Pipe and 10 Rivets at a Level 7+ Weapons Bench for 9 .
- Level 16 Sighted Custom Stock variants can be crafted using an AK-74 and 24 Machined Parts at a Level 6+ Weapons Bench for 20 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 16+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Level 21 Sighted Recoilless variants can be crafted using an AK-74, 60 Machined Parts, 1 Sights and 1 Return Spring at a Level 8+ Weapons Bench for 36 after scavenging or purchasing the required schematic from The Store for 750 . Also requires a Level 21+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Barrel x 1
- Firing Pin x 1
- Return Spring x 1
- Trigger System x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
An effective weapon, it deals more damage per shot and is slightly longer ranged than its counterpart, the M4A1, but has a slightly lower RoF. They are otherwise nearly identical, though the AK-74 has an edge in DPS. Both are likely to be the first fully-automatic assault rifles the player obtains, providing a large boost in firepower over the SMGs available up to that point.
- Ammunition Mods increase damage, compensating for its low ROF.
- Extended Mags allow it to sustain fire for longer before having to reload.
- Good Damage
- Good Effective Range
- Large Magazine
- Whilst just named the AK-74, it is actually the AKS-74 variant with a skeletonized stock instead of a solid one.
- While it can be scavenged during Level 15 missions, its base level is actually Level 16. Therefore, while upgrading a Level 15 AK-74 will not cost any fuel, it will also not provide any benefit.
- ↑ Rate of Fire