|Real Life Name||
|Attacks Per Second||
19 - 27
A rugged and highly-compact version of the AK-74 that was designed for Soviet special forces, paratroopers and auxiliary units; packing the lethality of an assault rifle in a SMG-length package. Ideal for close quarters fighting, though it is often criticised for its blinding muzzle blast and high full-auto recoil.
Equipped by the Russian army and some criminal elements in Union City and worldwide.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 21+ missions.
- Level 21 High Capacity Custom Stock variants can be crafted using an AKS-74U, 30 Machined Parts, 10 Rivets, 5 Bolts, 1 Magazine Case and 1 Stock at a Level 9+ Weapons Bench for 26 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 21+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Level 21 High Capacity Recoilless variants can be crafted using an AKS-74U, 50 Machined Parts, 10 Rivets, 5 Bolts, 1 Magazine Case and 1 Firing Pin at a Level 10+ Weapons Bench for 36 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 21+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Trigger System x 1
- Return Spring x 1
- Barrel x 1
- Firing Pin x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
While short-ranged compared to other assault rifles, it hits harder and is slightly more accurate than most, making it more effective in close quarters. However, its short range makes it riskier to use, so support from other survivors is advised. As a must in smaller maps, the AKS-74U serves the player well, until a SCAR-H is found.
- Ammunition Mods increase its damage, allowing it to eliminate enemies faster and more efficiently.
- Extended Mags increase its ammo capacity, allowing it to lay down more fire before having to reload.
- Glasses counteracts its short range, with some variants increasing accuracy as well.
- Ammunition Pouches/Bandoliers allows for faster reloads, reducing the time its wielder is left vulnerable.
- Good Damage
- Fully Automatic
- Large Magazine
- Short Range (vs. other assault rifles)
- Low RoF[n 1] (vs. other assault rifles)
- Reloads Slowly (vs. other assault rifles)
- ↑ Rate of Fire