|Real Life Name||
|Attacks Per Second||
24 - 28
The latest in the venerable AK series of weapons is this modern assault rifle, which uses a much lighter alloy-polymer construction and features several enhancements; such as ambidextrous controls, pic-rails, and improved recoil reduction during semi and full-auto fire. Full production of the rifle barely began in Russia just before the outbreak hit.
By unknown means, small numbers of this unique firearm have found their way into the Dead Zone.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 27+ missions.
- Level 29 High Capacity variants can be crafted using an AR-99 and 12 Machined Parts at a Level 11+ Weapons Bench for 18 .
- Level 29 Extended Quick Action variants can be crafted using an AR-99 and 38 Machined Parts at a Level 11+ Weapons Bench for 36 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 29+ Engineer.
- Level 29 High Capacity Scoped variants can be crafted using an AR-99, 78 Machined Parts, 1 Sights, 1 Pipe, 2 Lenses and 10 Rivets at a Level 11+ Weapons Bench for 50 after scavenging or purchasing the required schematic from The Store for 1,100 . Also requires a Level 29+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Barrel x 1
- Firing Pin x 1
- Return Spring x 1
- Trigger System x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
Basically a high level version of the AK-74, this rifle deals incredible damage per shot, also possessing excellent accuracy and range. However, its poor rate of fire, combined with a long reload speed, means that a lone survivor can be overwhelmed quickly. It's best to group its wielder with other survivors, who can provide backup while reloading.
- Ammunition Pouches/Bandoliers speed up the reload time.
- Glasses extend the long range further, with some variants improving accuracy.
- Extended Mags extend the large magazine size.
- Ammunition Mods increase the damage dealt, theoretically reducing the shots needed to kill.
- High Damage
- Accurate (vs. other assault rifles)
- Long Effective Range (vs. other assault rifles)
- Fully Automatic
- Large Magazine
- Low RoF[n 1] (vs. other assault rifles)
- Reloads Slowly (vs. other assault rifles)
- The in-game model appears to have a Grenade Launcher mounted on the handguard, but it's only cosmetic.
- There is currently a bug where the suppressor on a suppressed AR-99 will disappear if a survivor wielding the weapon is turned towards a specific direction.
- ↑ Rate of Fire