The Ammunition Pouch is a type of passive gear featured in The Last Stand: Dead Zone.
A small pouch with pockets for storing ammunition. Increases reload speed slightly.
Pockets in pants, shirts and jackets are often small and difficult to extract anything out of, especially when in a hurry. If you're packing a firearm and have an infected horde bearing down on you, keeping your extra ammunition in one of these easily accessible pouches can save you precious time while reloading, and very possibly your life.
Increases Reload Speed by a percentage, depending on the Ammunition Pouch's level. Maximum level is 11.
- Fastener x 1
- Pocket x 1
- Heavy Fabric x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 1+ missions.
- Level 2 Police variants can be purchased for 35 at The Store.
- Level 5 Quality Police variants can be purchased for 95 at The Store.
- Level 11 Quality Military variants can be purchased for 145 at The Store.
- Level 2 Normal variants can be crafted using 2 Straps, 2 Pockets, 5 Fasteners, 10 Threads and 15 at a Level 1+ Gear Bench for 1 .
- Level 8 Quality Crafted variants can be crafted using 7 Heavy Fabric, 3 Straps, 4 Pockets, 10 Fasteners and 20 Threads at a Level 2+ Gear Bench for 10 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 8+ Engineer.
- Crafted, which increases Reload Speed by 5%.
- Improvised, which increases Reload Speed by 6%.
- Specialized, which increases Reload Speed by 6.5%.
- Quality, which increases Reload Speed by 7.5%.
- Civilian, which increases Reload Speed by 7.5%.
- Police, which increases Reload Speed by 10%.
- Military, which increases Reload Speed by 12.5%.
- Stock, which decreases Reload Speed by 1%.
- Old, which decreases Reload Speed by 1.5%.
- Rough, which decreases Reload Speed by 1.5%.
- Sticky, which decreases Reload Speed by 1.5%.
This gear is a good boost to any class's effectiveness with projectile weapons. While not quite as effective as other combat-focused gear, it can be useful for optimizing a Fighter in combat or increasing the effectiveness of a survivor wielding a weapon with a small magazine size or long reload time. In particular, single-shot weapons benefit greatly from an improved reload speed.
For obvious reasons, an ammunition pouch should not be given to a survivor using a melee weapon. It can also be less beneficial to support classes like the Scavenger and Medic, as opposed to other gear that is better suited to their specialty (the Hand Wrap/Gloves and First Aid Kit/Medical Kit, respectively).
The Ammunition Pouch is eventually superseded by the Bandolier, which is essentially an improved version of the Ammunition Pouch.