The Bounty Office is a feature in The Last Stand: Dead Zone.
An independent organization in the Dead Zone, they manage the listing and distribution of bounties. Correspondence is always handled by notes and payment by dead drops. As a result, no one knows who is behind it.
When the Bounty Office is accessed, 3 Infected Bounties become available for 24 hours, each taking place in a different (typically high level) district that will be marked with the Bounty Office's symbol. Each one requires the player to kill a certain number of up to 3 specific zombie types. Once completed or expired, Infected Bounties refresh after 48 hours,[n 1] or immediately at the cost of 150 .
The kill requirements will be automatically tracked in the same fashion as a task when carrying out a mission in the required district, and can also be viewed when not in a mission from the Infected Bounties tab of the Bounty Office or by hovering the cursor over the district marker on the city map.
Successfully completing all 3 Infected Bounties awards the player with a Bounty Box that can be opened in the Infected Bounties tab of the Bounty Office, which contains 4 random items. Possible contents include weapons and gear 5 levels above the player's current level, Medical Items, Fuel, keycards, clothing (including exclusive Infected Bounty Ballistic Masks) and Ammo Caches. There is no reward given for only completing 1 or 2 Infected Bounties. Bounty boxes cannot be traded.
- Kill Infected Walkers.
- Kill Infected Runners.
- Kill Scientist Infected.
- Kill Fat Infected.
- Kill Infected Dogs.
- Kill Police Infected.
- Kill Military Infected.
- Kill HERC Infected.
- Kill Riot Infected.
- Kill Bruisers.
Survivor BountiesEditWhen you have been raided, regardless of the outcome, your raid report will give you an option to place a bounty on the raider. Bounties are added by using Fuel. The Fuel that is added is then put into a collective pool of Fuel from other players who had been raided by the same person and becomes the bounty prize. There is a limit to how much Fuel can be added per raid.
- This option is only available from the raid report screen.
- The bounty will expire 30 days after the last bounty addition.
- The smallest bounty that can be placed is 10 Fuel.
- The maximum bounty anyone can have on them is 100 Fuel, regardless of whether it's placed by one person or several.
As soon as a bounty is placed on a survivor, that survivor is added to the Bounty List, which can be accessed from the HUD and shows all currently available bounties. Any player on this list can be attacked by anyone if they are within 5 levels of the prospective hunter, either higher or lower. The list can be filtered by Bounty Amount, Level, and Expiry.
In order to collect a bounty, you must raid their compound. When you do, you are given a notification of how much bounty they currently have on their head. In order to claim the bounty, you will need to injure the Leader. If you manage to injure the Leader and successfully finish the raid, you can claim the bounty immediately or wait for it to grow more. Also, you cannot have a bounty placed on you by the bounty target. However, if you fail to claim the bounty, the bounty target can thus put a bounty on your head.
Claiming the bounty gets you the lion's share of the bounty, while a small amount (around 18%) is claimed by the Bounty Office. There is also a limit to how many bounties you can claim per day.
Bounty Target PenaltiesEdit
- If a bounty hunter successfully claims the bounty, the Leader will be injured for an extended period of time.
- The raider's compound will be a prime target for attacks by the community until the bounty is removed
- Other survivors may be injured in the raid in an attempt to injure the leader
- Resources may likely be stolen after bounty hunters injured your leader
- Expensive repairs from destroyed defenses may have to be made as a result of raiders after the bounty
The Bounty Office will display a list of the most successful Bounty Hunters, based on their total fuel claimed from bounties and amount of bounties collected.
- ↑ The new bounties will only start when you first log-in after the 48 hours are up.