|Real Life Name||
SIG SG 553
|Attacks Per Second||
|Dead Zone Damage||
22 - 30
A modern and reliable short-barreled tactical carbine from Switzerland; this is the more compact "commando" variant of its full-sized bigger brother, and has proven itself to be an excellent CQB weapon for elite paramilitary teams across the globe.
Deployed by some federal agencies.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 19+ missions.
- Level 19 Dampened Long Barrel variants can be crafted using a CR-553, 26 Machined Parts, 10 Rivets, 5 Bolts, 1 Pipe and 2 Lenses at a Level 8+ Weapons Bench for 23 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 19+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Level 19 Sighted Scoped variants can be crafted using a CR-553, 40 Machined Parts, 1 Pipe, 2 Lenses and 10 Rivets at a Level 9+ Weapons Bench for 33 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 19+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Firing Pin x 1
- Handguard x 1
- Return Spring x 1
- Trigger System x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
While short ranged compared to other ARs around its level, the CR-553 hits much harder with each bullet. Combined with its decent accuracy, one shot from this weapon can be more effective than several from a different AR. Its relatively small magazine does mean it has less shots to begin with, so making each one count is important. Its aforementioned short range also puts its wielder at risk, which makes support from other survivors desirable.
- Ammunition Mods increase the weapon's damage, helping to mow down zombies quickly and efficiently.
- Glasses compensate for its relatively short range, with some variants increase accuracy as well.
- Extended Mags allows for more shots to be fired before needing to reload, with some variants increasing reload speed as well.