The convenience store, just south of the player's compound
Same as area
A small convenience store.
The local convenience store is often the first port of call for a group of survivors looking to stock up on food and water. While not quite as well stocked as a supermarket, they are a far more common sight throughout North America, and may have items not available in the average supermarket.
- Small-medium amounts of food and water can easily be found.
- Junk and components can also be found, but are less common.
- Construction resources, weapons and gear are rare, but may be present.
The level of a convenience store is always the same level as the area it is located in (The only convenience store in the game is in the Level 1 zone and is therefore Level 1, hence the calculation).
A convenience store is generally a very easy mission as no additional infected will spawn after initially entering the area. Clearing out the initial enemies is a simple matter of letting the survivors on the mission kill them before beginning to scavenge containers. Melee weapons are recommended over ranged weapons, since the mission is extremely simple, and ranged weapons are likely to be a waste of ammunition.
- Interestingly, there is only one convenience store in the entire game (located just to the south of the player's compound).
- It is plausible that the convenience store was intended to simply be a way of teaching new players how to play, due to the fact that it is incredibly simple to loot and is near the player's compound.
- The green footlocker on the map originally contained a guaranteed amount of fuel, ranging from 1 to 3 units. This was later removed in an update.