Eye accessory (UC) / Passive Gear (DZ)
None (UC) / Reading, Polarized, Protective, Sun, Shooting, Clear, Quality, Cracked, Damaged, Broken (DZ)
Cosmetic only (UC) / Increases Effective Range by percentage, dependent on Glasses level + Conditions (DZ)
A pair of reading glasses.
Glasses have been utilized to correct one's vision when their eyes become blurry at certain distances. They are also used to read very small letters with ease.
How to obtainEdit
There are purely cosmetic and have no effect on gameplay. They do not increase the precision of firing a weapon. Wearing it is just a matter of personal preference.
Glasses are a type of passive gear which provides benefits to the survivor that equips them.
Frames carrying lenses designed to aid the wearers vision.
When aiming through the sights of your firearm, being able to see the target clearly is essential to being able to hit them. These glasses make it easier for a survivor to see at greater distances by correcting vision and (on certain models) filtering out excess light.
Increases Effective Range by a percentage, depending on the Glasses' level.
Variants can also alter Accuracy by a percentage.
- Frame x 1
- Lense x 1
- Small Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during level 5+ missions.
- Level 5 Shooting variants can be crafted using 2 Small Machined Parts, 2 Lenses and 1 Frame at a Level 2+ Gear Bench for 3 .
- Level 10 Clear Polarized variants can be crafted using 7 Small Machined Parts, 2 Lenses and 1 Frame at a Level 3+ Gear Bench for 12 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 10+ Engineer to craft.
- Level 14 Clear Shooting variants can be crafted using 20 Small Machined Parts, 2 Lenses and 1 Frame at a Level 5+ Gear Bench for 17 after scavenging the required schematic.
- Level 18 Clear Sun variants can be crafted using 13 Small Machined Parts, 2 Lenses and 1 Frame at a Level 7+ Gear Bench for 22 after scavenging the required schematic.
- Reading, which increases Accuracy by 2.5%.
- Polarized, which increases Accuracy by 10%.
- Protective, which increases Accuracy by 2.5%.
- Sun, which increases Accuracy by 3.5%.
- Shooting, which increases Accuracy by 12.5%.
- Clear, which increases Accuracy by 5%.
- Quality, which increases Accuracy by 1.5%.
- Cracked, which decreases Accuracy by 1%.
- Damaged, which decreases Accuracy by 2.5%.
- Broken, which decreases Accuracy by 5%.
While useful to any class equipped with a projectile weapon, it is not quite as effective as other combat-focused gear. It is useless to survivors equipped with melee weapons, so different gear should be given to them.
It is best used in conjunction with medium to long range weapons, such as assault rifles. Glasses can be given to survivors with short range weapons like handguns to counteract the low range, but the boost effect is rather miniscule. Long rifles receive a very large bonus from glasses. However, their range is long enough and would not very useful to have. It should be mostly used when raiding, where the users will not be hit as often, as it can outrange enemies and deal high amounts of damage.