Adapted from the M-416, this versatile light support weapon is designed for rapid engagements in urban combat. It can feed from either standard M4/M16 magazines or extended box/drum magazines, providing a less cumbersome alternative to belt-fed options at the expense of some firepower.
Relatively new, it was equipped in small quantities by some military units.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 22+ missions.
- Level 23 Maintained Custom Action variants can be crafted using a M-27, 32 Machined Parts, 10 Rivets, 5 Bolts and 2 Trigger Systems at a Level 9+ Weapons Bench for 28 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 23+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Level 23 High Capacity Scoped variants can be crafted using a M-27, 60 Machined Parts, 2 Magazine Cases, 1 Pipe, 2 Lenses and 10 Rivets at a Level 10+ Weapons Bench for 40 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 23+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Trigger System x 1
- Return Spring x 1
- Barrel x 1
- Firing Pin x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
Its magazine may be small compared to other LMGs, but it can still sustain fire for longer than most other firearms and its relatively good accuracy makes it more efficient overall. However, though quicker than other LMGs, it still takes a while to reload, so carefully timed manual reloads and backup from other survivors is recommended.
- Ammunition Pouches/Bandoliers compensate for the slow reload.
- Extended Mags allow it to lay down even more fire before having to reload, with some variants decreasing reload times as well.
- Very High Ammo Cost
- Reloads Slowly
- Small Magazine (vs other LMGs)
- Moderate Move Speed Penalty
- ↑ Rate Of Fire.
- The in-game M-27 uses C-mags, which are extremely rare in real life.
- In that case, the M-27 would hold 100 rounds, not 60, since C-mags are designed to hold 100 rounds.
- The Suppressed variant does not have a unique inventory icon.