- This article is about the version featured in TLS:DZ. For other versions, see Barrett (TLS1) and M82 Sniper (TLS:UC). For an overview, see Barrett M82 (overview).
This descendant of the original M82 frightens even its users with its deafening sounds and intimidating size. The mounted bipod and lengthy barrel puts it on par with the M107, but its absurd weight makes it difficult even for a well-equipped team to carry around.
Used exclusively by the military.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 51+ missions.
- Level 51+ variants can be scavenged during the Raid on Union Island.
- Barrel x 1
- Bolt Assembly x 1
- Sights x 1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
While it sports a larger magazine than its M107 sibling, its large minimum effective range makes it dangerously ineffective at close range. Its move speed penalty is also the highest in the game, making it difficult for its wielder to flee. The MSR-82 is best used in large maps with plenty of open space, and should be adequately covered by other survivors. It may also be better used in compound defense, rather than on missions.
- Ammunition Mods to beef up its already immense damage rating.
- Extended Mags/Bandoliers to improve its reload speed.
- Glasses to improve accuracy and range.
- Very High Damage
- High Knockback (highest of all rifles)
- Large Magazine (vs. other rifles)
- Very Long Effective Range
- Extremely High Move Speed Penalty (highest of all weapons)
- Slow Reload Speed
- Very Long Minimum Effective Range
- Very Loud
- Very High Ammo Cost (highest of all rifles)
- Requires Leader/Recon
- Slow Aim Time (slowest of all weapons)