Footwear (UC), Passive Gear (DZ)
Black, Brown (UC), Training, Work, Dress, Boots (DZ)
Cosmetic only (UC), Increases movement speed (DZ)
The Last Stand: Union CityEdit
They are only cosmetic items in this game. They come in Black and Brown, and are similar in appearance to Sneakers, but without striping.
How to obtainEdit
- The player starts off wearing a pair of black shoes at the beginning of the game.
The Last Stand: Dead ZoneEdit
Shoes in The Last Stand: Dead Zone are a type of passive gear, which provides benefits to the survivor that equips them.
Appropriate apocalyptic footwear.
Whether you're running from a horde or hiking your way through debris and wreckage, a good pair of shoes can be worth more than a working firearm; which will serve you little if you're forced to traipse painfully across an infested landscape.
Increases Movement Speed by a percentage, depending on the Shoes' level.
Variants can also alter Health by a percentage.
- Leather x 5
- Sole x 1
- Thread x 5
- Heavy Fabric x Variable (dependent on item quality)
How to obtainEdit
- Regular variants can be scavenged during Level 2+ missions.
- Subtypes can be scavenged during Level 20+ missions.
- A Level 6 New Training variant can be obtained by completing the Ivan's Back Again task.
- Level 2 Training variants can be purchased for 20 at The Store.
- Level 7 New Running variants can be purchased for 110 at The Store.
- Level 15 Sturdy Running variants can be purchased for 230 at The Store.
- Level 6 New Work variants can be crafted using 6 Heavy Fabric, 2 Soles, 10 Leather, 10 Threads and 2 Shoelaces at a Level 1+ Gear Bench for 7 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 6 Engineer to craft.
- Level 7 Running variants can be crafted using 2 Heavy Fabric, 2 Soles, 10 Leather, 10 Threads and 2 Shoelaces at a Level 3+ Gear Bench for 4 .
- Level 12 New Running variants can be crafted using 8 Heavy Fabric, 2 Soles, 10 Leather, 10 Threads and 2 Shoelaces at a Level 4+ Gear Bench for 15 after scavenging the required schematic.
- Level 13 Training variants can be crafted using 4 Heavy Fabric, 2 Soles, 10 Leather, 10 Threads and 2 Shoelaces at a Level 6+ Gear Bench for 8 .
- Dress, which increases Movement Speed by 1%.
- New, which increases Movement Speed by 1%.
- Training, which increases Movement Speed by 3.5%.
- Running, which increases Movement Speed by 5%.
- Sturdy, which increases Health by 2.5%.
- Work, which increases Health by 5%.
- Old, which decreases Movement Speed by 2%.
- Damaged, which decreases Movement Speed by 2.5%.
- Ruined, which decreases Health by 5%.
Some conditions available for the base type are also available for subtypes.
- Boots: Specialised boots designed for Police and Military. Can only be worn by Fighters and the Leader.
Shoes are not particularly useful to many classes, since most survivors are already fairly quick on their feet. Their best use is to counteract the Fighter's low speed, allowing them to move quickly into advantageous positions.
They can also be useful on the survivor tasked with scavenging on a mission- typically a Scavenger; the increased movement speed can speed up scavenging by letting them move from item to item faster. However, this is generally not as effective as using Hand Wraps or Gloves.
Shoes can also be useful in large locations, where it can be necessary to have your survivors cover great distances quickly in order to get into position.