Area + 2
Large open street.
With the spread of the infection, the initial panic and chaos have left signs still visible in the Dead Zone today. Dead bodies and abandoned vehicles can be seen scattered all around, while overrun military checkpoints echo the stories of failed attempts to keep order. While police and military grade equipment is relatively plentiful here, the various adjacent buildings and alleys are host to crowds of the undead, waiting for those brave or foolish enough to walk these streets again.
- Weapons and gear are relatively common.
- Resources of all kinds are also quite common.
- Junk and components are less so, but can still be found.
The level of a street is always two levels higher than the area it is in.
The large amount of open space available lends itself to the use of medium-long range weapons like long rifles and assault rifles. Shoes may be a good choice of gear for some of the slower survivors as well, since a lot of ground has to be covered.
The safest strategy is to move as a group, with around three combat-oriented survivors guarding a designated scavenger, as there are several containers that are positioned quite closely to the zombie spawn points, which are also scattered throughout the map. Due to both the positions of the spawn points and the number of zombies spawned, getting surrounded is a very real possibility. As long as the player stays alert, however, the mission should be quite straightforward.
There are two safe zones on this map, the left side where you begin and the right side. since the containers are not clustered, a good tactic is keep your survivors on group and protecting your scavenger as they search the scattered containers around the map. when you search all, just send all your survivors to the right safe zone, which should be very close to you if you search containers in order.
If one is interested in gaining XP, this map's zombie spawns make it easier to kill zombies to level up or gain achievements.
- Streets spawn the largest number of zombies of any searchable location.
- Zombies spawn from the alleys that lie between buildings, as well as the extreme ends of the map, and the grey area near the safe zones where survivors cannot walk to (but can see zombies approaching from). The majority of them will cluster around the centers of the map, and the ones that spawn on the extreme ends of the map will tend to do so on the opposite side of where the survivors are.
- Streets have at least three completely different mission templates available. One is an abandoned military checkpoint, which has a higher number of containers, especially weapons/gear containers, and a regular street, which has less.
- If survivors are near one end of the map, gunshots do not (or are far less likely to) attract the attention of zombies near the opposite end of the map. This has been tested with the M24 and Marion's Trident, both with noise levels of 20 (for reference, the noise level of the AK-74 is 10).