|Attacks Per Second||
|Dead Zone Damage||
40 - 50
The Survival Ax is a melee weapon featured in The Last Stand: Dead Zone.
The bigger, badder cousin of the hatchet, this useful tool can easily hack through foliage and undead flesh without sacrificing too much in the way of handiness. Very useful for anyone looking to survive in the woods or the urban jungle.
Can be found in most camping/outdoor sporting stores.
How to obtainEdit
- It can be scavenged during Level 29+ missions.
- Level 19 Vintage Balanced Hardened variants can be crafted using a Vintage Survival Ax and 26 Hardened Metal at a Level 8+ Weapons Bench for 23 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 19+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Level 19 Vintage Quality Slicing variants can be crafted using a Vintage Survival Ax and 50 Hardened Metal at a Level 9+ Weapons Bench for 33 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 19+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Level 30 Balanced Hardened variants can be crafted using a Survival Ax and 40 Hardened Metal at a Level 11+ Weapons Bench for 37 after scavenging the required schematic. Also requires a Level 30+ Engineer and Fighter.
- Weapon Handle x 1
- Hardened Metal x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
A fast and deadly weapon, the Survival Ax is capable of dispatching zombie hordes with ease. Users takes swings after swings to kill them with precision. However, the somewhat low damage and extremely short range can be a problem when facing groups around the same level. Support from other survivors with firearms is greatly recommended, as they can pick off enemies from a longer range and protect users from a large swarm. Like all other melee weapons, survivors must get close to their target, so great care is recommended. Best bet is to give it to a Scavenger, where they dispatch enemies quickly before scavenging again.
- Vest increases the health of the wielder, allowing them to survive longer in large hordes.
- High Damage
- Attacks Quickly
- Short Reach