The hospital is split into 5 floors and contains many rooms:
- The lobby contains two Notes.
- First floor - first room contains Pain Pills, second room contains a Be Prepared skillbook, third room contains nothing.
- Second floor - a locked storeroom that contains 2 Bandages and a Medkit and a janitor's closet that contains a Sharpened Pocket Knife. There is also an elevator which the player can use to drop down to the lobby.
- Third floor - a key for the locked storeroom on the second floor can be found on the desk. First room contains 2 tubs of Pain Pills, second room contains a Note, third room contains clothing, fourth room contains Cash, fifth room contains nothing.
- Fourth floor - a Safehouse containing 2 NPCs, Laura Harris and Shenice Johnson, and 2 Notes in the third room. Shenice gives the player the "Get to Stadium" quest.
- The hospital has the only usable elevator in the series, though it can only be used to drop down, and cannot be used to go up.
- It is implied that the infection spread from the hospital to the rest of Union City, as there are several notes describing Con Johnson, who is believed to be patient zero of the outbreak.