|Real Life Name||
|Attacks Per Second||
50 - 80
A rudimentary firearm made infamous by the prison inmate who invented it. Its design is simple and easy to reproduce; for anyone with the means and basic materials, a group of desperate survivors can easily become a formidable 19th-century army overnight.
Can be made at home with the proper tools and knowledge.
How to obtainEdit
- Level 8 Normal variants can be crafted using 1 Stock, 2 Pipes, 1 Bolt Assembly, 1 Trigger System and 20 at a Level 3+ Weapons Bench for 3 .
- Level 12 Sighted variants can be crafted using a Van Buren and 6 Machined Parts at a Level 5+ Weapons Bench for 7 .
- Level 13 Sighted Quick Load variants can be crafted using a Van Buren and 20 Machined Parts at a Level 6+ Weapons Bench for 16 . Also requires a Level 13+ Engineer and Recon.
- Bolt Assembly x 1
- Pipe x1
- Machined Parts x Variable (dependent on the item's Level and attachments/conditions)
Whilst rather mediocre in most regards compared to other long rifles, the Van Buren does give a bit of ranged punch to those classes specialized in improvised weapons, like the Engineer. Keeping another survivor nearby to protect its wielder during its frequent reloads would be a good idea.
- High Damage
- Reloads Quickly (fastest of all rifles)
- Attacks Slowly
- Short Range (shortest of all rifles)
- Van Buren is likely a reference to the codename given to the original Black Isle Studios version of Fallout 3.
- The weapon could also be a reference to Martin Van Buren, who was the was eighth US President.
- The weapon itself is likely based on the Pipe Rifle from Fallout 2 and the above-mentioned original version of Fallout 3.
- Van Buren is the name of a city in Arkansas, United States.