The Last Stand: Union CityEdit
Gaining enough XP will cause the player's character to level up, which refills the character's Health bar and gives them 1 attribute point and 10 skill points that can be spent wherever the player chooses.
XP does not roll over to the next level, if received from achievements.
The Last Stand: Dead ZoneEdit
Gaining enough XP will cause the survivor(s) to level up, which increases their attributes depending on which class they are, as well as allowing them to use higher level weapons and gear. Leaders also get one attribute point, which can be spent wherever the player chooses.
|Scavenging||Horde Level x 2|
|Shambling Zombie Killed||Horde Level - 1|
|Dog Zombie Killed||Horde Level - 1|
|Fat Zombie Killed||Horde Level - 1|
|Running Zombie Killed||Horde Level + 1|
|Scientist Zombie Killed||Horde Level - 1|
|Police/Military Zombie Killed||(Horde Level - 1) x 2|
|HERC Zombie Killed||(Horde Level - 1) x 3|
|Bruiser/Riot Zombie Killed||(Horde Level - 1) x 4|
When Rested XP is active (indicated by a small arrow over the XP bar in the top left), all XP gains are doubled. It will remain active until it provides a maximum of 50% of the Leader's current XP level, e.g. Rested XP will remain active until 500 XP is earned, should the Leader have 1,000 XP. Once the Rested XP has expired, it only becomes active again should the player remain away from the compound for 8 hours. Logging in before then will reset the timer.[n 2]
- XP gained during missions is only awarded to the survivors present in that mission.
- XP gained from clearing junk piles is only awarded to survivors present at the compound.
- XP gained from accomplishing achievements, collecting rewards from completed tasks and completion of building construction/upgrades is granted to all survivors, regardless of where they are.
- The above notes do not apply to the Leader, who always gains XP regardless of where they are.
- Automated missions do not grant XP.
- ↑ The highest level location is Union Island, which is level 25. Thus the maximum level obtainable is level 30.
- ↑ If the player does not gain enough XP for Rested XP to expire, and then logs out and logs back in 8 hours later, Rested XP will be extended to the appropriate amount, plus the portion that was not used up